Friday, December 4, 2009

War, huh, yeah..what is it good for absolutely NOTHING!

So Obama plans to send in 30,000 troops to Afghanistan.

Why?

Because he believes it is in our "vital national interest" and that "our security is at stake."

Do I agree with him?

No and Yes.

I have 4 close friends and 2 family members who are probably going to be sent back to Afghanistan. I've already had my cousin die in Iraq...I don't need anymore deaths in my life, and I'm sure that goes the same for other families.

But then I really doubt he would send 30,000 troops if we didn't need them. At least as of now in 18 months he'll start sending the troops back!!

All I can hope is that all goes well and that everyone comes home alive...

1 comment:

  1. In response to War, huh, yeah..what is it good for absolutely NOTHING!

    There are so many people across the country that are impacted with the troops that are in or going to Afghanistan. We may not understand how the decision was made to send the number of troop and why it will take 18 months, but the overall goal is to get our troops home. This ordeal has lasted 8 years and has cost the lives of so many of our men and women, and it does need to stop.
    Our country has gone through so much over the decade and it seems it is declining each year. With our newly elected president things are looking up. He is making the first step and saying what the goal is. I know that I haven’t been 100% in the news in the past but I don’t remember Bush making the plan to get our men and women in the armed forces home, or him receiving the Nobel Peace Prize.
    Obama spoke for most when he spoke as he accepted the Nobel Peace Prize in regards to the war, he “…spelled out a doctrine of justifiable war and the steps needed for a ‘just and lasting peace.’”

    ReplyDelete